Press release: July 30, 2018
Rapyuta Robotics (Chuo, Tokyo, CEO: Gajan Mohanarajah) raises USD 9.5 million from Japan Co-Invest Limited Partnership (unlimited liability partner: Mitsui Trust Investment Co., Ltd), Sony Innovation Fund, a corporate venture capital by Sony Corporation (Minato, Tokyo, CEO: Kenichiro Yoshida), JMTC Capital (Chuo, Tokyo, Representative: Japan Material Technologies Corporation, Koyu Urata), and existing shareholders.
Towards its mission of “Empowering lives with connected machines”, Rapyuta Robotics integrates robots, sensors, and data centers into a central management platform that transforms autonomous technologies into easy-to-use, everyday solutions for the enterprise. The money raised will be used to:
– Leverage feedback from the Early Developer program and first customers to further develop Rapyuta Robotics’ cloud robotics platform.
– Tailor the platform to meet the needs of specific high demand industries, such as logistics and factory automation, and strengthen partnerships within these industries
Rapyuta Robotics Co., Ltd. is a global technology company that provides scalable, cloud-based automation solutions. Our cloud robotics platform enables large enterprises to centrally manage different kinds of robots and sensors, without having to control them individually. A university spin-off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich), we are using state-of-the-art controls research and AI technology to build Japan’s next-generation cloud robotics platform.
If you have any inquiries about this press release, please send an email to email@example.com
- Routed Networks – A robust communication system for cloud-connected robots
- For warehouse robotics adoption – awareness, reliability, and cost holds the key – Karthik Naig
- What we develop here at Rapyuta Robotics, is beneficial for society as a whole – Michael Orr
- Cloud Robotics: Our Perspective
- Incident Report: Breach of rapyuta.io devices due to a vulnerability in SaltStack